We’re in Washington visiting my in-laws and that means, among other things, “time to get some books!” I was interested in reading two in the NAC Studies in Bible & Theology series, Believer’s Baptism and The End of the Law, so I requested review copies from B&H. You can imagine my surprise at seeing a rather large box with all these unexpected books inside!
Here’s what I received:
- Believer’s Baptism, edited by Schreiner and Wright. I requested this for a Baptist perspective and I greatly enjoyed The Lord’s Supper (see below for my review).
- The End of the Law by Jason Meyer. I will be studying the book of Romans in the next months and Paul’s attitude towards the law is very important for understanding much of the book (and Pauline Theology as a whole). I’ll supplement this study with a few other books.
- The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey, edited by Towns and Gutierrez.
- The Essence of the Old Testament: A Survey, edited by Hindson and Yates.
- In Defense of the Bible, edited by Cowan and Wilder.
- Telling God’s Story, by Vang and Carter.
To be honest, I knew nothing of the 4 last books, but very much look forward to checking them out. Since I actually requested the two NACSBT books they’ll receive first treatment most likely, but I will try to have a look at each of these. Just one of those terrible burdens of the job of course.
Many thanks to Jim Baird and B&H Publishers for providing these books to review.